Here’s some updates on recent ICPHSO activities:
ICPHSO – ASTM Voluntary Standards Workshop – October 10, 2017:
- ICPHSO again joined together with ASTM to present our third collaborative training workshop with this one being focused on the “Who, What, When, Where, Why and How” of voluntary standards development and the process used. With over 100 attendees present at the Covington and Burling Law Office in Washington, D.C., leading safety professionals discussed the advantages and in some cases, the disadvantages of voluntary standards as well as the process itself and how to get the best results, among a number of other specific issues related to voluntary standards.
- CPSC Chairman Ann Marie Buerkle gave a keynote presentation on the role voluntary standards play within the regulatory environment at CPSC.
- ICPHSO will continue to look for future collaborative efforts to advance specialized product safety training. Thanks to ASTM International, Procter & Gamble and Covington and Burling, for co-sponsoring the workshop with ICPHSO.
ICPHSO- CPSC Lab Tour – October 11, 217:
- ICPHSO was fortunate to be able to schedule a tour for a very limited number of Workshop participants at the CPSC’s National Product Testing and Evaluation Center in Rockville, MD. We hope to be able to schedule future lab visits for interested stakeholders. Thanks to CPSC Lab staff for providing the tour opportunity.
- Registration remains open and will be available on-line through November 14, 2017. To make sure your name makes it into the printed on-site attendee list, register by October 13, 2017. ICPHSO member rate for the two-day global product safety conference is $450 and the non-member rate is $550. Registration includes evening receptions, breakfast, lunch, networking breaks and Symposium materials as well as access to power point presentations after the Symposium.
- Translation services are being provided for all sessions
- ICPHSO’s Group Hotel Rate remains available through October 29, 2017, but don’t delay since room availability is limited.
- A special thanks to those of you who have already registered to attend as well as our sponsors and exhibitors who will be with us in Tokyo. Please be sure to check out the services and goods they provide.
- The theme of the Annual Symposium is “Accelerated Change in the Exponential Age: Learning from History to Make Safer Products in the Future” and is kicking off ICPHSO’s 25th Silver Jubilee Anniversary.
- The 2018 meeting will take place beginning at noon on Tuesday, February 20, 2018, and end at 5:00 pm on Friday, February 23, 2018 (this is a change from previous years where we started on Monday). Our traditional bag stuffing and early on-site Symposium check-in will take place on Monday, February 19, 2018.
- Registration rates are posted on-line and registration and hotel information will soon be opened and available. While you don’t have to be an ICPHSO member to attend the Symposium, members do receive a significant discount on the registration rates as well as other Symposium benefits.
- Sponsorship and Exhibitor information should be available within a few days and will be announced by email and on ICPHSO’s social media platforms.
- Program information will also be announced in the very near future as will special 25th anniversary opportunities and events.
- On Wednesday, February 21, 2018, ICPHSO will hold a special 25th Anniversary Event at Splitsville in Disney Springs for a nominal $25 charge. Bus transportation and special food and beverages will be provided. Space will be limited, so keep an eye out for when registration opens for the Symposium to be a part of this special event. You won’t want to miss this Symposium!
I am always interested in hearing from members of the product safety community. If you have ideas or suggestions which you think could be of interest to ICPHSO and our members, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to seeing you at future ICPHSO events.