ICPHSO (International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization) is now accepting proposals for sessions at its 2019 International Symposium – Shaping the Future in Times of International Change to be held in Dublin, Ireland, October 24-25, 2019. Proposals must be non-commercial in nature and must pertain to topics of interest to the worldwide consumer product safety community. Proposals can be submitted for general plenary sessions and breakout sessions.
Whether you are a manufacturer, retailer, distributor, consumer representative, regulator, NGO or service provider, we invite you to submit proposals. Some possible themes for sessions are below, but they are only suggestions and should not deter the proposal of relevant and innovative content.
- International Co-operation
- New Technologies
- Impact of social media on product safety
- Trends in international regulation
- Sector-specific issues and trends
- Best practices in managing product safety
- Multi-stakeholder collaboration
- Raising the profile of product safety within institutions and the community
- Product Recall Effectiveness
Overview of Requirements & Guidelines for Proposal Submissions:
- Proposals must be complete and meet the minimum character count;
- Suggested speakers and their affiliation must be included with all proposals;
- Do not commit a speaking role to suggested speakers until approved;
- Discuss new and widely relevant topics;
- Draw on a wide and diverse pool of subject matter experts;
- Incorporate interactive content & audience participation;
- Sessions are restricted to a maximum of three speakers and one moderator
- Moderators must be ICPHSO members to participate
- No registration fee waiver for speaking;
- No sales pitches or attacks;
- Use the mobile meeting app for Q&A and dedicate time for Q&A in each session.
Detailed Requirements & Guidelines for Proposal Submissions:
ICPHSO typically receives a significantly greater number of proposals for its programs than the schedules will accommodate. Through the processes described below, successful proposals will be selected taking into account the following criteria:
- Propose New and Widely Relevant Topics. ICPHSO thrives on providing new and widely relevant information to attendees. Proposals must strive to provide fresh content and avoid repeating topics from previous ICPHSO agendas unless there have been major new developments. Proposals based on specific issues or sectors should indicate how those issues apply more broadly and can be useful to a wide range of
- Draw on a Wide and Diverse Pool of Subject Matter Experts. In accordance with ICPHSO’s mission and policies, proposals must be inclusive of the diversity within ICPHSO’s membership and conference attendees. Proposals should strive to include speakers that (a) represent a range of stakeholder groups and perspectives; (b) provide geographical and human diversity; and (c) haven’t presented at a previous ICPHSO event. Proposals with recommended moderators and speakers that do not meet this requirement may not be selected or, if selected, may be modified by the Planning Chairman and ICPHSO Executive Committee. Speakers and moderators suitable for selection will have demonstrable experience and expertise in the subject matter.
- Incorporate Interactive Content & Audience Participation. Proposals that incorporate interactive content, encourage audience participation, and facilitate interaction among speakers will be given strongest consideration. The use of the ICPHSO meeting app for Q&A and the reservation of enough time for Q&A is required. The use of PowerPoint presentations alone and lecture format is highly discouraged. Each proposed session should build in at least 15 minutes for questions and interactive discussion with attendees.
- Sessions are restricted to a maximum of three speakers and one moderator. If the moderator is expected to have a speaking/presentation role then the session is restricted to a maximum of two speakers and one moderator/speaker.
- Speakers and Moderators Can Only Participate in One Session throughout the program.
- Moderators must be ICPHSO members. ICPHSO membership is a requirement in order to be a moderator unless an exception is made by the Planning Chairman and ICPHSO’s Executive Director.
- No Registration Fee Waiver for Speaking. Moderators and Speakers who are attending the meeting are expected to pay the appropriate registration fee that applies to them in accordance with ICPHSO Scholarship assistance may be available if a moderator or speaker is unable to pay the appropriate registration fee depending upon available scholarship contributions.
- Incomplete Proposals will Not Be Accepted. Proposals must meet the minimum character count and must identify specific speaker recommendations.
Proposal Selection Process:
An initial round of weighting presentations will be performed by the Planning Chairman and the ICPHSO Executive Committee. Suggestions for speakers on proposed topics are strongly considered, speakers for any successful proposal will be chosen at the discretion of the ICPHSO Executive Committee to ensure each session meets ICPHSO’s criteria, including that it reflects the diversity of ICPHSO membership and conference attendees. Proposed speakers must represent different stakeholder groups to reflect balance and all points of view. Speaker commitments should not be extended to speakers until after review of the recommended speakers by the Symposium Planning Chairman and ICPHSO Executive Committee.
Deadline for submissions: July 3, 2019
Selection and communication to submitter : On or about July 26, 2019
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your proposal at this link: Proposal Submission Form. Once completed, press the Submit button.