The 2018 ICPHSO International Symposium is scheduled for November 12 – 13, 2018, in Brussels, where we will again participate in the European Commission’s International Product Safety Week. Our Call for Presentations has been announced and we look forward to hearing from you with your ideas and recommendations for panel and breakout sessions during the two days of our Symposium. The theme of the International Symposium is “Alignment and Inclusion in a Divergent World,” and with our Symposium taking place during the EC’s International Product Safety Week, it provides an opportunity for global health and safety professionals to participate in discussions around the theme. We want to hear from you and look forward to receiving your proposal for our conference.
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Deadline: June 29, 2018
Thanks for your continued support and I look forward to hearing from you.
The ICPHSO 25th Anniversary Video shown in Orlando, Florida at our 2018 Annual Symposium has now been posted on line for all to watch. Thanks again to Ally Clark and Mike Dwyer from the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) for making this happen. Here’s a link to the video. ICPHSO Tribute Video
I previously summarized the International Symposium day one key note speakers in Tokyo, Japan and below I am including a link for the summaries of the two plenary sessions held on day one of the Symposium. Thanks again to Rod Freeman and his team from Cooley for providing summary notes for the Symposium.
Click here for the day one summary presentation.
Just a reminder about our upcoming 2018 Annual Meeting and Training Symposium in Orlando, Florida, February 20-23, 2018. Summary information for the various sessions are now beginning to be posted on the ICPHSO website highlighting the sessions. Don’t delay in registering and securing your hotel room for our 25th Anniversary Silver Jubilee year celebration. Sponsorships and Exhibit Tables are still available but going fast. Many of these opportunities are limited so you don’t want to miss out on being one of our Silver Jubilee Sponsors. Thanks to those sponsors who have already signed up and committed to participate in our Symposium. There continued commitment to ICPHSO is much appreciated.
Click here for more information on the 2018 Annual Symposium.
Day 2 of the ICPHSO International Symposium in Tokyo, Japan is underway. With over 175 registered attendees and 40 speakers talking about all things product safety, this Symposium has been focused on safety in the product lifecycle. We have heard or will be hearing from regulators within Japan, the United States, Canada, and the European Union. The Internet of Things has been a prominent discussion point as well as the collaboration among safety and health professionals that is critical to reduce injuries and assure product safety. I will provide a summary after the conclusion of the Symposium but wanted you to know that if you aren’t here in person, as a member of ICPHSO you will get access to the numerous presentations made during the Symposium. Non-member attendees will have access for a limited time. ICPHSO continues to be the global leader in bringing the product safety community together and we hope you all will take advantage of the platform we provide and join us in Orlando, Florida for our 2018 Annual Meeting and Training Symposium. We will kick off the celebration of our 25th Anniversary Silver Jubilee and want you to be a part of the conversation.
Registration, Hotel and Sponsorships Now Open for ICPHSO’s 2018 Annual Meeting and Training Symposium. Don’t miss out! Register today and reserve your hotel room while they are available. Check for latest Updates Here.
ICPHSO’s 2018 Annual Meeting and Training Symposium Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities have now been posted on our website. By posting these opportunities early, we hope to maximize sponsor participation during our 25th Anniversary Silver Jubilee celebration in Orlando, Florida. Available sponsorships at various levels include a number of new and exclusive benefits to highlight the services and goods you provide to the product safety community. We also have some limited availability anniversary sponsorships at our Splitsville event that you don’t want to miss. Check out all the available sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities and lock in your support today.
Click here: 2018 Annual Meeting and Training Symposium Sponsorship-Exhibitor Opportunities
Thanks for your continued support and don’t forget we still have space available to attend our 2017 International Symposium in Tokyo, Japan, November 14-15, 2017. Register today and join your global health and safety colleagues in Tokyo for this important safety training conference focused on the product life cycle.
Here’s some updates on recent ICPHSO activities:
ICPHSO – ASTM Voluntary Standards Workshop – October 10, 2017:
- ICPHSO again joined together with ASTM to present our third collaborative training workshop with this one being focused on the “Who, What, When, Where, Why and How” of voluntary standards development and the process used. With over 100 attendees present at the Covington and Burling Law Office in Washington, D.C., leading safety professionals discussed the advantages and in some cases, the disadvantages of voluntary standards as well as the process itself and how to get the best results, among a number of other specific issues related to voluntary standards.
- CPSC Chairman Ann Marie Buerkle gave a keynote presentation on the role voluntary standards play within the regulatory environment at CPSC.
- ICPHSO will continue to look for future collaborative efforts to advance specialized product safety training. Thanks to ASTM International, Procter & Gamble and Covington and Burling, for co-sponsoring the workshop with ICPHSO.
ICPHSO- CPSC Lab Tour – October 11, 217:
- ICPHSO was fortunate to be able to schedule a tour for a very limited number of Workshop participants at the CPSC’s National Product Testing and Evaluation Center in Rockville, MD. We hope to be able to schedule future lab visits for interested stakeholders. Thanks to CPSC Lab staff for providing the tour opportunity.
2017 International Symposium – November 14-15, 2017 at the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba, Tokyo, Japan
- Registration remains open and will be available on-line through November 14, 2017. To make sure your name makes it into the printed on-site attendee list, register by October 13, 2017. ICPHSO member rate for the two-day global product safety conference is $450 and the non-member rate is $550. Registration includes evening receptions, breakfast, lunch, networking breaks and Symposium materials as well as access to power point presentations after the Symposium.
- Translation services are being provided for all sessions
- ICPHSO’s Group Hotel Rate remains available through October 29, 2017, but don’t delay since room availability is limited.
- A special thanks to those of you who have already registered to attend as well as our sponsors and exhibitors who will be with us in Tokyo. Please be sure to check out the services and goods they provide.
2018 Annual Meeting and Training Symposium – February 20 – 23, 2018 – Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel, Orlando, Florida
- The theme of the Annual Symposium is “Accelerated Change in the Exponential Age: Learning from History to Make Safer Products in the Future” and is kicking off ICPHSO’s 25th Silver Jubilee Anniversary.
- The 2018 meeting will take place beginning at noon on Tuesday, February 20, 2018, and end at 5:00 pm on Friday, February 23, 2018 (this is a change from previous years where we started on Monday). Our traditional bag stuffing and early on-site Symposium check-in will take place on Monday, February 19, 2018.
- Registration rates are posted on-line and registration and hotel information will soon be opened and available. While you don’t have to be an ICPHSO member to attend the Symposium, members do receive a significant discount on the registration rates as well as other Symposium benefits.
- Sponsorship and Exhibitor information should be available within a few days and will be announced by email and on ICPHSO’s social media platforms.
- Program information will also be announced in the very near future as will special 25th anniversary opportunities and events.
- On Wednesday, February 21, 2018, ICPHSO will hold a special 25th Anniversary Event at Splitsville in Disney Springs for a nominal $25 charge. Bus transportation and special food and beverages will be provided. Space will be limited, so keep an eye out for when registration opens for the Symposium to be a part of this special event. You won’t want to miss this Symposium!
I am always interested in hearing from members of the product safety community. If you have ideas or suggestions which you think could be of interest to ICPHSO and our members, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. I look forward to seeing you at future ICPHSO events.